Saturday 30 March 2013

Thought for the Day 2


An appropriate attitude, it seems to me, as I step off into the great unknown of my placement. At the moment I do not know how I will be travelling to Mae Sot, where I will be living when I get there, or indeed quite what my job is going to consist of. And in the longer term, I have no idea where these two years may end up leading me...
I had been hoping for a degree of enlightenment at the employer workshop in Bangkok on Tuesday, but I have now been told that no-one from my organisation will be attending, so I will arrive in Mae Sot none the wiser as far as my job is concerned. Still, I am sure it will all become clear in the fullness of time and I am trying to be as Zen Doggy as I can!

I don't know what sort of access I will have to internet, so the blog posts might not be quite so frequent. Thank you to everyone who has posted comments and sent emails - it is very sustaining to have that contact from home.

A special mention and thank you to Andrew, for first introducing me to Zen Dog (of whose philosophy you are a most shining example!), and to Ruth (so much more like myself) for that wonderful phrase that I am still learning to put into practice: "Let things unfold!"

No comments:

Post a Comment