Monday 29 July 2013

Water, water everywhere...

So, rainy season has finally got going. Non-stop heavy rain for the last few days, and here is the result:





Mae Sot is under water, and that's before they started releasing water from the reservoir above the town. (I didn't take these pictures - they are from the "What's Happening in Mae Sot" Facebook page.) I am fortunate that my end of town does not tend to flood, so I am able to get to and from the office with no problems. Visiting some of the centres might be a challenge if it continues, not to mention getting to the shops.

I have also discovered all the places where my new house leaks. A few small drips from the ceiling, and a more serious leak through the kitchen window frame. I will have to try and get that one sorted, or I will be constantly mopping. The worrying thing is that the reason I was delayed moving in was because they said they were sorting that problem, so there is no guarantee that a second attempt will be any more successful. Workmanship here tends to be pretty shoddy.

There's no sign of it stopping any time soon, so I suppose one just has to get used to it. All part of the experience!!

No comments:

Post a Comment