Wednesday 17 April 2013

Dawn Chorus

Things that wake me up in the morning:
  • a weird and wonderful selection of bird calls (I would hesitate to refer to most of them as "song")
  • dogs barking
  • singing/ chanting/ drumming/ gonging from the local temple
  • the two lizards in my room calling to each other
  • a very loud and persistent cockerel
Who needs an alarm clock?! On Saturday I'm moving from the guest house to my next temporary accommodation - a sub-let from someone who is returning to the UK for a few months. Maybe it'll be a bit quieter?!

2 comments:

  1. Did the rucksack make it to Mae Sot? Aunty Joy would like to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the rucksack did make it to Mae Sot, though we were led a merry dance to try and find it, from one bus depot to another. After much denial of its existence, it turned out the bus concerned had been severely delayed and had only recently arrived, so the rucksack was still on it. I refrained from hugging it when we were eventually reunited!

      Delete