Wednesday 1 January 2014

100 and 365

I was thinking of giving people a couple of days to speculate as to the significance of these two numbers, before revealing the meaning in a subsequent post. However, were I to do that then neither of them would be true any more, so you will find the answers at the end of this post, after these photos of my New Year's Day walk:









 
100:
According to my blog statistics page, this is my 100th post. To those of you who have been with me from the very beginning, thank you so much for your continued interest. It is good to know that folks back home are following what I am up to out here.

365:
The number of days left before the end of my placement. Anyone who has been keeping a vague track of how long I have been here will notice a discrepancy between this figure and the title of my blog. My placement was originally to be for two years, plus the month of in-country training, which meant I was due to return at the end of March 2015.
However, the funding period for the ECD project that I am working on will finish at the end of December 2014. This means that all the project activities will have to be finished and the project reported on by then. After that, VSO will be wrapping up its activities in Thailand altogether. They have opened an office in Burma and will be concentrating their efforts there instead.
While on the plus side it means that I will be seeing family and friends again sooner than I thought, it also means that realistically I only have about another 9-10 months of working with the schools before I have to start drawing the project to a close. So much still to do!!

1 comment:

  1. Well done on your 100th blog post, Heather. And best of luck for squeezing everything into 365 days! I didn't guess either of those numbers correctly.

    ReplyDelete