Sunday 2 February 2014

Releasing the creative spirit!

A couple of weeks ago I spent a Sunday at a Batik class at a little art studio which is one of the many social enterprise projects here in Mae Sot. I had never tried Batik before, and I really enjoyed it. It is a long time since I have had the opportunity to be so creative!

 Drawing the design on the fabric

 Applying the wax
 
 The design takes shape
 
 Filling in the background
 
 My favourite colour - of course!!

 Adding the detail
 
The finished piece
 
Actually, it was not quite finished. It had to be treated and "cooked" to remove the wax and fix the colours, so I was not able to take it home straight away. I still need to hem the edges and give it a good iron. My original intention had been to make a scarf, but I'm not sure if I would actually wear it! It might become a wall hanging or a table runner instead.

 


1 comment:

  1. I think you've missed your vocation! I can see a while new career opening up before you! A gorgeous Centre piece. .. Just don't take it into any of your EY centres or you won't get it back ��

    ReplyDelete