Sunday 15 December 2013

Seasonal signs

I have been appreciating not being surrounded by all the usual commercial trappings of Christmas. In fact, with the seasons here being so different, I have lost all sense of the passing year, and have been almost oblivious to the approach of Christmas and the end of the year.
That all ended when I went to do some shopping in Tesco yesterday. The first thing I saw when I walked in was all the checkout staff resplendent in Santa hats, and the pillars decorated with tinsel. Ah well, I thought, serves me right for shopping in Tesco in the first place!




Today I indulged in some decoration myself. A colleague from WE was going to get her nails done, so I said I would go along with her and get my toes done - first time for everything!
It was a very pleasant and relaxing experience - full pedicure and foot massage, followed by the nail-painting itself. I chose my favourite colour, of course, so now my toe nails match many of my clothes and accessories!






Something weird has happened to the weather today. It has been cool and overcast all day and now we seem to have returned to rainy season, with heavy rain setting in all afternoon. I hope it stops before evening. I'm planning to go out to the film, and I've got out of the habit of having to wear my poncho. I'm simply not psychologically prepared!

1 comment:

  1. Comedy slippers and now painted toe nails. .. Who has kidnapped Heather Card and will she be coming back?! Although, the frivolous version is very entertaining! ; )

    ReplyDelete