Tuesday 8 October 2013

Smart move???


The deed is done! I have finally been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century and have purchased a smart phone. I really didn’t want to; my dear old Nokia still works perfectly well and does everything that I have thus far wished from a phone – i.e. makes phone calls, sends messages and, as a bonus, wakes me up in the morning.

The only reason I finally caved in is that I am, for the first time, beginning to see the benefit of being able to communicate via such means as email or Skype when away from home and without a computer. With a trip to Vietnam coming up, I decided it was time to take the plunge.
I haven’t actually done much with it yet, and for the moment my sim card has remained doggedly in my old phone! While looking through the user manual at some of the amazing features that it offers, I came across this in the section on the alarm clock:

"Drag the Smart alarm switch to the right to activate simulated nature sounds prior to the main alarm." Well, now – what with the crickets, dogs, birds, lizards and frogs (not to mention the neighbours’ washing machines) I have no shortage of sounds in my local environment. The problem is they tend to wake me several hours, rather than minutes, before my alarm is due to go off. There are some things in life that can’t be solved with a smart phone app!



Farewell, faithful friend!


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment