Friday 30 November 2012

Getting ready

If you are reading this post then it means I have succeeded in setting up my blog, which is a minor miracle in itself! I have just under three months to go before setting off as a volunteer with VSO to Thailand. Things still to do (in no particular order):
  • get immunisations
  • learn to ride a motorbike
  • complete VSO training
  • farewell tour
  • sort finances/insurance etc
  • pack up house
  • car boot sale
  • decide what to do with my cello
  • keep raising money
  • pack!!
  • set up blog
More about VSO and my placement next time.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, worked out how to comment!
    You can leave your cello with us if you choose not to sell it.
    When I went to Cambodia along the Thai border we saw a lot of "school on a mat" in the rural villages and I was really impressed that 16 yo boys would sit down with 5 year olds to learn. This was their only chance and they knew it.
    The number of families with minor malnutrition HIV and water bourne illnsses was a big percentage and so a bag of boiled sweeties in the pocket was the best way to break the ice!
    It affected me profoundly, most strongly in how far a little can be stretched.
    If you are anything like me you are going to need a lot of hankies!
    Get in touch if you need anything
    Cherryx

    ReplyDelete